Home Pubs Sports Culture
  HOME>FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 

Soccer: F.A.I secure more tickets for Euro 2012

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjon3105
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Soccer: F.A.I secure more tickets for Euro 2012 Reply with quote

by Michael O'Neill

Excellent news if you are planning to travel to Euro2012 as the Football Association of Ireland today announced that it has been successful in its request for additional tickets for Irish supporters at UEFA EURO 2012.

In line with all other participating countries, Ireland has already received 16% of stadium capacity for its matches in Poznan and Gdansk, equating to approximately 18,000 tickets over the three group matches or 6,000 tickets per match.

To accommodate the large demand from Irish fans and following discussions with the FAI, UEFA has agreed to release 2,300 additional seats for Irish supporters in Poznan and Gdansk over the three matches.

When the FAI receives further details from UEFA in the coming days, these seats will be allocated to the list of supporters who have been already been given passwords to register through the FAI portal on UEFA.com

Welcoming the announcement, John Delaney, Chief Executive of the Football Association of Ireland said:

I would like to thank UEFA very much for working with us to meet the massive demand from Irish supporters travelling to the EURO 2012. The tournament is set to give the whole country a real lift and with demand for tickets so high, we are very happy that UEFA has been able to assist us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Europeanirish.com Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: