Home Pubs Sports Culture
  HOME>FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 

Soccer: F.A.I opts for Chess

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjon3105
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Soccer: F.A.I opts for Chess Reply with quote

by Michael O'Neill

In a move which has disappointed Irish designers, the Football Association of Ireland has announced that new UK men’s fashion label Chess is to create tailor made suits for the Irish team for the 2012 European Championships in Poland and Ukraine.

The range, which will deliver suits for all playing, management and training staff will include tailor made suits, shirts and ties.

Chess’ in-house tailor measured the Irish football team on Tuesday, before a range of designs and fabrics chosen by the Chess team will be presented before the FAI. Following the presentation Chess will tailor make the suits to the squad’s exact specifications.

The suits will be worn for the first time at the Ireland v Croatia game on June 10, 2012, the first game of the European Championships.

Claire Beattie, CEO of Chess said “We are absolutely delighted that the FAI has chosen Chess to create the official Ireland suits for the 2012 European Championships. We’re going to create a beautiful set of suits which the team will be proud to wear and wish the team the best of luck. We know they will do Ireland proud and we will make them feel their best.”

Keith Andrews, Ireland Midfielder said “I’ve known about Chess since the start in 2010 and having been fortunate enough to wear some of their clothes, cannot wait to see the team suits.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Europeanirish.com Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: