Home Pubs Sports Culture
  HOME>FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 

Athletics: COGHLAN JUNIOR EYES LONDON 2012

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjon3105
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Athletics: COGHLAN JUNIOR EYES LONDON 2012 Reply with quote

by Michael O'Neill

John Coghlan, son of Irish track legend Eamonn Coghlan is eyeing the forthcoming Kleinwort Benson Investors St. Patrick’s 5K Festival Road Race as another stepping stone in his bid for Olympic qualification.

Earlier this year John made history running a sub four minute mile time of 3:59:30 in Boston, making him and Eamonn the only father and son combination in Europe to have achieved this milestone.

Now in its seventh year, the race - for which Eamonn is race director, is the first of only three city street races being held in Dublin this year and takes place on Sunday March 18th.

Commenting John said, “I’m in good shape at the moment and this event is another key opportunity for me with the London 2012 games naturally on my mind”.

Registration can be made on-line at www.patricksrun.com with proceeds going to Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Europeanirish.com Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: